Electrochemistry and Electroplating Group, TU Ilmenau
Fundamental and applied electrochemistry is a traditional field of work of the Electrochemistry and Electroplating Group at TU Ilmenau. The group was funded for five years through the central association for surface engineering via an endowed professorship. Therefore there exists an excellent crosslinking with the German electroplating industry. The head of the group Prof. Andreas Bund has longterm experience in electrochemical surface technology. For the GALACTIF project especially the expertise in electroplating of reactive elements and compounds from ionic liquids is of importance [1-6]. In order to establish a fundamental understanding of refractory metal deposition especially the experience in in-situ microgravimety (determination of current efficiencies) [4, 7, 8] and electrochemical kinetics (clarification reaction mechanisms) [1, 5, 9] are of great value. The know-how from the areas of pretreatment and electroplating equipment will serve as the base for up-scaling.
- S. Martens, A. Ispas, L. Asen, L. Seidl, U. Stimming, O. Schneider, A. Bund, Influence of Fluid Dynamics on the Electrochemical Deposition of Tantalum, ECS Trans. 75 (2016) 287–295.
- P. Giridhar, S. Zein El Abedin, A. Bund, A. Ispas, F. Endres, Electrodeposition of Niobium from 1-Butyl-1-Methylpyrrolidinium bis(trifluoromethylsulfonyl)amide Ionic Liquid, Electrochimica Acta, 129 (2014) 312-317.
- N. Borisenko, A. Ispas, E. Zschippang, Q. Liu, S. Zein El Abedin, A. Bund, F. Endres, In situ STM and EQCM studies of tantalum electrodeposition from TaF5 in the air- and water-stable ionic liquid 1-butyl-1-methylpyrrolidinium bis(trifluoromethylsulfonyl)amide, Electrochimica Acta, 54 (2009) 1519-1528.
- A. Ispas, A. Bund, F. Endres, Application of the Electrochemical Quartz Crystal Microbalance for the Investigation of Metal Depositions from Ionic Liquids, ECS Transactions, 16 (2009) 411-420.
- A. Ispas, B. Adolphi, A. Bund, F. Endres, On the electrodeposition of tantalum from three different ionic liquids with the bis(trifluoromethyl sulfonyl) amide anion, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 12 (2010) 1793-1803.
- A. Bund, A. Ispas, S. Ivanov, Electrodeposition of Reactive Elements from Ionic Liquids, in: Molten Salts Chemistry and Technology, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd, 2014, pp. 359-363.
- O. Schneider, A. Bund, A. Ispas, N. Borissenko, S.Z.E. Abedin, F. Endres, An EQCM Study of the Electropolymerization of Benzene in an Ionic Liquid and Ion Exchange Characteristics of the Resulting Polymer Film, Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 109 (2005) 7159-7168.
- A. Ispas, A. Bund, Electrochemical Quartz Crystal Microbalance, in: G. Kreysa, K.-i. Ota, R. Savinell (Eds.) Encyclopedia of Applied Electrochemistry, Springer New York, 2014, pp. 554-568.
- A. Ispas, A. Bund, Pulse plating of tantalum from 1-butyl-1-methyl-pyrrolidinium bis(trifluoromethylsulfonyl)amide ionic liquids, Transactions of the Institute of Metal Finishing, 90 (2012) 298-304.
Prof. Dr. Andreas Bund
Dr. Adriana Ispas
Dr. Ralf Peipmann
M. Sc. Anna Endrikat
M.Sc. Thomas Engemann